Tiger Scout, Cub Scout and Webelos Scout Day Camp
How Do I Register My Scout?
Cub Scout Day Camp provides fun and adventure in the outdoors for packs and dens. Day camp is an organized 3-or-4-day program, under trained leadership, at an approved site, during daylight or early evening hours but not overnight.
Day camp youth participants are limited to registered Tiger Cubs (1st grade for the 2016-2017 school year), Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts.
A Tiger Cub-Adult Partner must register at no charge and attend with their Tiger Cub Scout. Adults referred to as Walking Group Guides must register at no charge and accompany every one to five Cub Scouts or one to five Webelos Scouts. All Scouts who register as individuals must provide their own Walking Group Guides.
The cost of Cub Scout Day camp is $65 for a 3-day camp and $75 for a 4-day camp. If you plan on making payment by check, you will need to send in the registration number, the children attending and what pack the check is for. It is requested that Day Camp fees be paid in full before the day of camp. Fees include hat, t-shirt, water bottle, activity patch and program.
|Camp ||Cost ||Date ||Time ||Where |
|Arapahoe District Cub Scout Twilight Camp ||$65.00 ||June 16-18, 2016 ||3:00pm-8:00pm ||deKoevend Park |
|Arapahoe District Webelos Scout Twilight Camp ||75.00 ||June 16-18, 2016 ||3:00 pm-8:00 pm ||deKoevend Park |
|Centennial District Cub Scout Twilight Camp ||$75.00 ||June 14-17, 2016 ||3:00pm-8:30pm ||Arapahoe County Fairgrounds |
|Frontier District Day Camp ||$65.00 ||June 27-29, 2016 ||8:30am-3:00pm ||Odom Farm, Wheat Ridge |
|Gateway District Twilight Camp ||$75.00 ||June 14-17, 2016 ||3:00pm-8:00pm ||Odom Farm, Wheat Ridge |
|Pioneer Trails District Day Camp ||$65.00 ||June 21-23, 2016 ||8:00am-2:45pm ||Polson Ranch, Sedalia |
|Timberline District Day Camp ||$75.00 ||June 6-9, 2016 ||9:00am-3:00pm ||Ellsworth Park, Golden |
|Valley District Day Camp ||$65.00 ||June 21-23, 2016 ||9:00am-3:30pm ||Rocky Mountain Arsenal |
The Boy Scouts of America has established minimum standards for providing medical information prior to participating in various activities. Those standards are offered in one three-part medical form.
Parts A, B and the Addendum are to be completed annually by all BSA unit members. All three parts are required for all events that do not exceed 72 consecutive hours, where the level of activity is similar to that normally expended at home or at school, such as day camp, day hikes, swimming parties, or an overnight camp, and where medical care is readily available. Please make a copy of your health forms. They will not be returned at the completion of Day Camp.
Please submit these forms when you arrive at Day Camp on the first day - Day Camp Health Form, Colorado Health Form Addendum. Please do not send these forms to the council office.
Day Camp Scholarship
The Denver Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, strongly believes "no youth shall be denied a program experience because of lack of funds." However, every effort must be made by applicants to "earn their own way."
- Scholarships are available for Denver Area Council outdoor programs only.
- Only registered youth members of the Denver Area Council are granted scholarships.
- Full scholarships are not awarded. Due to limited funds, up to 25% of the total fee may be awarded. Only in extreme situations will more be awarded.
- Please fill out the application completely.
- Return to Denver Area Council, BSA; Camping Department; 10455 W. 6th Avenue, Suite 100; Denver, CO 80215.
- Please submit request at least 30 days prior to the event. Scholarships cannot be given after attending the activity.
Download the Denver Area Council Scholarship form here.
What Should I Bring to Camp?
- Personal gear in a day pack
- Sweater or jacket
- Bring your water bottle and hat to camp every day
What is Mini Camp?
Mini Camp for younger children (potty trained youth, ages 3-10). Parents/guardians must be onsite at camp for their child to participate in Mini Camp. Fees vary from camp to camp and will be collected at the Mini Camp location or at the registration table at camp.
Cub Scout Day Camp registration fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another Scout in your pack if your plans change. It is the pack or family's responsibility to find the replacement Scout and to notify the Council Service Center of the change.
Cub Scout Day Camp is a valuable activity for many reasons:
- Helps packs succeed.
- Strengthens the den/pack organization for better year-round operation.
- Provides continuation of the Cub Scout program during the summer and the opportunity for units to earn the National Summertime Pack Award and to work toward qualifying for the Journey to Excellence.
- Offers character development, citizenship training and personal fitness.
- Meets individual boy's needs and interests by offering a meaningful and educational Scouting program.
- Helps to recruit new boys in the den and pack during the summer.
- Provides a method of recruiting, training and inspiring present and future Cub Scout leadership.
- Promotes fun and adventure with a purpose.