Join Our Summer Camp Staff
Looking for up to date information on interviews, staff newsletter and more?
2013 Camp Staff Holiday Party
Come celebrate the holidays “sleepover style” at Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch. A white elephant gift exchange, cookie decorating, movie watching, and snowball fights are just some of the great events we have planned for you. And don't forget cold weather gear for the Midnight Winter Challenge. Parents don't worry! This event will be chaperoned by the Ranch and Camp Directors.
Plan to arrive around 5:00 p.m. on the 28th and depart by 10:00 a.m. on the 29th.
Dinner and breakfast will be provided. Transportation is available but not guaranteed. Bring sleeping bags - sleeping will be indoors in partially heated buildings.
If you have any questions contact Jesse Greaves-Smith at 303.880.9186.
Register for the Holiday Party.
Do you have the "Right Stuff?"
Working for a Denver Area Council camp is not just a job, it's a lifestyle. The Denver Area Council is looking for a few men and women who have the "Right Stuff" to join our camp staffs. Spending your summer at either Peaceful Valley or Camp Tahosa will provide you with an opportunity to not only have the adventure of a lifetime, but to also affect the lives of thousands of youth from across the country.
Just another day at work...
Working on camp staff is a great opportunity to spend your days outdoors and earn a salary at the same time. Spend your days taking Scouts on hikes, teaching them how to shoot a gun or ride a horse, and relaxing with them in the evening as you all sit around a campfire telling stories and watching skits. Other benefits of working on staff are: summer housing, three meals a day, time off on the weekends, working on your tan, and making friends from around the country.
The Denver Area Council is currently hiring for all positions at Peaceful Valley and Camp Tahosa. If you are interested in a job during the 2014 summer season complete the 2014 Summer Camp Staff Application as well as the Camp Staff Reference Form (new employees only). We look forward to seeing you on our staff next summer. Below are just some of the positions being sought, for a full list, please contact Joey Quick. If you are unsure whether Council has received your application, you can check to see if your name is on the Application Received List.
Leadership Team Key Dates
- November 1, 2013 - Camp Director and Program applications due
- December 1, 2013 - Ranchwide Area Director applications due
- December 28, 2014 - Staff interviews at Peaceful Valley
- January 2, 2014 - Counselor applications due
- January 11, 2014 - Staff interviews
- February 1, 2014 - Staff interviews
- April 12, 2014 - Camp staff orientation
- May 27, 2014 - Senior Staff Week at Peaceful Valley
- May 30, 2014 - Shooting Sports/Climbing/Acquatics pre-training
- June 1-7, 2014 - Peaceful Valley Staff Week
- June 8-14, 2014 - Tahosa Adventure Base Staff Week
- August 2, 2014 - Staff Banquets
- August 5, 2014 - Last day for staff
All dates are subject to change.
| Administration || Service Department || Instructors |
| Program Director || Trading Post Manager || Rifle, Archery, and Shotgun |
| Medical Director* || Trading Post Clerk || Outdoor Skills |
| Shooting Sports Director (Program)* || Commissary Manager || Aquatics |
| Aquatics Director (Program)* || Commissary Assistant || Handicraft |
| Equine Director (Program)* || Quartermaster || Equine |
| Climbing Director (Program)* || Commissioner (Program)* || Ecology |
| Area Directors (Program) || Office Clerk || Multimedia/Technology |
*Must be 21 years of age or older
To Purchase Uniforms: The in-house link will be available January, 2014. National Supply items may be purchased the Denver Scout Shop (a 25% discount coupon will be provided) or order uniform items online at ScoutStuff.org.
Leadership Team Document and Information Center
Application and Interviews
- Select an interview date.
- Click on "Register".
- Select a participant or add your name as a participant and select employment type.
- Follow the link "Staff Interviews" and complete the form and click "Continue" which returns you to the "Participant Page".
- Click "Continue".
- On the "Register by Individual" page, click on "Staff Interviews" under Step 2 "Select a Category" and select the best single time for your interview. Please do not select more than one interview time.
- Click on "Continue" and then "Checkout". The interview process is free and you will not be charged.
Organization Charts and Job Descriptions
Pre Camp Trainings and Information