Policy for Approval and Processing of Eagle Scout Palm Applications (ESPA)
Effective: May 20, 2015
- An ESPA must be complete and properly filled out before verification by the Denver Area Council, including unit information and signatures of the unit leader and board of review. View Sample
- An ESPA must be verified by the Denver Area Council prior to purchasing palm.
- Once an ESPA is verified by the Council, it may be taken to the Scout Shop to purchase awards/credentials.
- If an ESPA is earned within a specific calendar year (i.e. 2014) properly documented and received by the council office, that information will be entered into the Scouts profile using the Board of Review date as the date earned.
- Any ESPA for a Silver Palm arned in a specific year (i.e. 2014) but turned in to the Council office after January 31st of the next year (i.e. January 2015), the Scout will be invited to the Silver Palm Breakfast the following year (i.e. 2016). The Scout profile will reflect the BOR date however, the Silver Palm ribbon and Council wall plaque will reflect a 2016 date.
A writable Eagle Scout Palm Application is available online for your convenience.