Annual Charter Renewal Instructions
Unit Charter Renewals are due by February 15, 2017
You may download the Charter Renewal Timeline here.
You may download the 2017 Charter Renewal Guide here.
District Charter Renewal Events/Parties
Times and locations are subject to change
December 1, 2016, Roundtable (9800 Foothills Canyon Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129)
January 12, 2017, Roundtable (9800 Foothills Canyon Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129)
February 2, 2017, Roundtable (9800 Foothills Canyon Blvd, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129)
|Scott Markowitz, Arapahoe District |
Cell #: 303.877.0916
|The Centennial District Commissioner Staff is conducting individual charter renewal reviews with time set aside for each unit. Plese contact Russ Larson for details and to set up the time for your unit. ||Russ Larson, Centennial District |
Cell #: 303.699.5066
|Information not yet provided, contact Tim Brackett for details ||Tim Brackett, Frontier District |
Cell #: 720.201.3589
January 28, 2017, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm at Hamilton Scout Headquarters (10455 West 6th Avenue, Denver, CO 80215)
February 2, 2016, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, at Gateway Monthly Roundtable (6490 Quail St, Arvada, CO 80004)
February 25, 2017, Last-call opportunity (location and time to be finalized)
|Jason Pettis, Gateway District |
Pioneer Trails District
January 21, 2017, 8:00 am - 10:00 am, Roundtable (7160 Bayou Gulch Rd, Parker, CO 80134)
February 2, 2017, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Roundtable (7160 Bayou Gulch Rd, Parker, CO 80134)
February 16, 2017, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Oakwood Building (701 Oakwood Dr, Castle Rock, CO 80104)
|Gary Sanders, Pioneer Trails District |
Cell #: 303.514.2227
January 26, 2017, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm, West Jefferson Middle School (9449 Barnes Ave, Conifer, CO 80433)
January 29, 2017, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Columbine Stake (6705 S Webster St, Littleton, CO 80128)
February 2, 2017, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Roundtable (9227 W. Darthmouth Place
Lakewood, CO 80227)
February 9, 2017, 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Dartmonth building (9227 W. Darthmouth Place
Lakewood, CO 80227)
|Steve Yexley, Timberline District |
January 28th, 2017, 8:00 am- 12 noon, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Malley building (100 Malley Dr, Northglenn, CO 80233)
February 7th, 2017, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Summit Grove building (3501 Summit Grove Pkwy, Thornton, CO 80241)
February 16th, 2017, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Summit Grove building (3501 Summit Grove Pkwy, Thornton, CO 80241)
|Mike Zopes, Valley District |
Cell #: 720.341.6821
- Yearly registration fees are $24 per year for both youth and adult members.
- We encourage you to use the Internet Charter Renewal Checklist to prevent the most common issues encountered with the Internet Rechartering process.
Internet Charter Renewal Instructions
The Denver Area Council is excited to offer Internet Charter Renewal to your unit. We think you'll love this method, because you'll be completing the charter renewal information yourself and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it's convenient for you. It's a secure, easy-to-use application. Be sure to attend any of the trainings that your District might be offering.
Here's how to get started:
- Select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Annual Charter Renewal.
- From 60 to 45 days before the unit charter expiration date (2/28/2017), the renewal processor should gather Charter Renewal material and review the Charter Renewal Tutorial.
- Select First-Time User (even if you used this method last year, you must select this to set your unit up for this charter renewal season) and enter the unit access code (Codes are mailed to your Committee Chairman/Unit Leaders/Chartered Organization Reps in November and change every year).
- Select the unit type and enter the unit number.
- When asked to create a password remember passwords will be case sensitive. The password needs to be something you will be able to remember.
- Complete the information requested on each page. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by signing on now as a returning user and reentering your access code and password.
Here's how to wrap it up:
- When you've completed all the information to Charter Renewal the unit, click the Submit button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Collect applications and training certificates that are listed as required to proceed. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the application, then take the entire packet (including page 1 even if there are no new members or adults) along with new applications and fee payment to the council office or to the district turn-in meeting.
For Charter Renewal for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Units Only