Effective January 1, 2014 the National office will no longer accept Eagle Scout applications prior to the 2014 version.
In support of this requirement, as of January 1, 2014, any Eagle Scout Application submitted to the Denver Area Council for Local Council Certification must be the 2014 version of the application. While the Denver Area Council will try its best to accommodate the submission of prior editions of the Eagle Scout Application we cannot guarantee the form will be accepted by the National office. After January 1, 2014, the Denver Area Council will not certify nor accept any previous editions of this form. Download the 2015 Advancement Guide here. Download the 2014 merit badge changes here.
If you have questions regarding BSA Advancement policies, please contact Andre Pauka, Council Advancement Committee Chairman or Kathy Craig, Council Advancement Committee Staff Advisor.
From Life Scout to Eagle Scout
In order to advance to the rank of Eagle, a Life Scout must complete all seven requirements of the Eagle Scout rank as outlined in the Scout Handbook:
- Be active in your unit;
- Show Scout spirit;
- Complete 21 merit badges;
- Hold a position of responsibility in your unit for at least 6 months;
- Plan, develop, and provide leadership to others in a service project;
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference; and
- Pass the Board of Review.
The last two requirements are completed after the first five are done.
Eagle Project Overview. The Eagle Scout project requirement actually has several associated parts to complete concurrently and may take at least 6 months to complete.
Eagle Scout applications. Effective January 1, 2014, the national office will no longer accept Eagle applications prior to the 2014 printing. The correct Eagle Scout application can be downloaded using the link on this page.
Following these steps and the completion of the other requirements, a Scout will complete a Board of Review, then he is entitled to recognition for his efforts in a Court of Honor hosted by his unit.
Policy for Approval and Processing of Eagle Scout Palm Applications (ESPA)
EFFECTIVE: May 20, 2015
1. An ESPA must be complete and properly filled out before verification by the Denver Area Council, including unit information and signatures of the unit leader and board of review.
2. An ESPA must be verified by the Denver Area Council prior to purchasing palm.
3. Once an ESPA is verified by the Council, it may be taken to the Scout Shop to purchase awards/credentials.
4. If an ESPA is earned within a specific calendar year (i.e. 2014) properly documented and received by the council office, that information will be entered into the Scouts profile using the Board of Review date as the date earned.
5. Any ESPA for a Silver Palm arned in a specific year (i.e. 2014) but turned in to the Council office after January 31st of the next year (i.e. January 2015), the Scout will be invited to the Silver Palm Breakfast the following year (i.e. 2016). The Scout profile will reflect the BOR date however, the Silver Palm ribbon and Council wall plaque will reflect a 2016 date.