The Denver Area Council – Frontier District serves the Denver County and Denver Public Schools.
District Meetings will be held in person if possible. Contact the District Commissioner, CJ Mays, Phone: 303.748.1023, for an invitation to the meeting.
- Frontier District Roundtables are held on the first Thursday of the month at 7 p.m. at Bethany Lutheran Church, 4500 E. Hampden. The district Roundtable is open to all unit leaders and adults looking for resources to bring back to their unit.
- September 2021 – knots and lashings; YPT if in person meeting available
- October 2021 – AOL Red Carpet Recruiting event; knots and lashings
- November 2021 – knots and lashing competition
- December 2021 – Holiday party
- Frontier District Committee Meetings are held on the second Thursday of the month at 6:30pm at Bethany Lutheran Church, 4500 E. Hampden. The district committee is comprised of community resources to support units. Leaders from the district ensure that Frontier provides key resources and important programs for Scouts and leaders. Chartering Organization Representatives are automatically members of the District Committee and are encouraged to attend monthly committee meetings. All other members of the committee are elected yearly.
Frontier District Commissioner Staff Meetings Commissioner meetings are the second Thursday of every month at 7 p.m., a Bethany Lutheran Church, 4500 E. Hampden. The Mission of the Frontier District Commissioner Staff is to facilitate discussion and provide resources to units. This group of experts operate as unit development consultants. They are charged with contacting unit leadership on a monthly basis just to see how things are going. Unit leaders should get to know their commissioner and seek their advice.
Frontier District Committee Staff – Flow chart of the district structure.
- District Committee Leadership:
- District Chairman – Brian Brown The district chair is responsible for the successful operation of all the committees of the district. He provides leadership to the committee chairs and ensures full, functioning committees.
- District Commissioner – CJ Mays, Phone: 303.748.1023
- District Director – Hiring
- Field Director – Alberto Rodriguez, Phone: 720.266.2237
- Activities & Civic Services Chair – J.D. Leonard Phone: 303.960.5723. The district helps units to coordinate events and activities. In addition to having district-sponsored events, units are encouraged to sponsor their own events and invite units from around the district to participate.
- District Day Camp Director – vacant
- Scout Show Chair – Gary Hoffmann
- Health & Safety Chair – Vacant. Every Scout leader strives to provide fun-filled programs. The safety of those programs is imperative. District health and safety resource were created to help ensure that activities are conducted in accordance with BSA guidelines. The district offers training and counseling in such topics as, The Guide to Safe Scouting, Safety Afloat, Climb on Safely, Bicycle Safety, and Swim Defense.
- Advancement & Recognition Chair – Greg Holt The district advancement program provides youth and adults the knowledge and skills necessary to have a great unit advancement program. We counsel and train leadership on record keeping, merit badge counseling techniques, and the requirements for becoming an Eagle Scout.
- Camping & Outdoors Chair – Gary Hoffmann In addition to promoting camping programs, the camping committee also tracks trends in summer camp attendance and provides input into the operation of the summer camping facilities.
- Training Chair -Vacant – Training courses are developed to provide all levels of knowledge for unit operations. This ranges from the youth member who has been elected as a patrol leader for the first time, to the Scoutmaster with 20 years of experience. Training is essential! Learning best practices makes better leaders!
- Cub Scout Training – vacant
- Scouts BSA Training – Greg Holt
- Youth Protection Training (YPT) – Greg Holt
- Troop Committee Challenge – Greg Holt
- Order of the Arrow Advisor – Tim Brackett
- Finance Chair – Vacant Volunteers wanted
- Family Investment in Character – vacant
- Product Sales:
- Popcorn Chair -Vacant, Volunteers wanted
- Camp Cards – Vacant, Volunteers wanted
- Unit Service:
- District Commissioner – CJ Mays, Phone: 303.748.1023
- Scouts BSA Roundtable – vacant, Volunteers wanted Phone:
- Asst. Scouts BSA Roundtable – vacant, Volunteers wanted Phone:
- Cub Scout Roundtable – vacant, Volunteers wanted Phone:
District Volunteers Wanted
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to help at a Scouting event where your own youth were not directly involved?
- Do you believe in the magical spirit of Scouting?
- Is Scouting a way of life, not just an extra-curricular activity?
- Do you find that the busier you are, the more you really get done?
- Are you ready to share your Scouting experiences with others?
If you answered yes to any one of the above questions, you might have the qualities of a District Committee Volunteer. To find out more about how you can share your talent and goodwill with the district contact the District Committee Leadership!
District Annual Activities
- Klonderee – 2023 TBD
- District Dinner – 03/10/2022
- Day Camp – June 7,8 & 9th 2022
- Fall Camporee – September 2022
- Merit Badge College – TBD
Questions and Comments
Any questions or comments about the Frontier District may be directed to Alberto Rodriguez or if you prefer book a meeting now.