The Aquatics Counselor is responsible for instructing campers in various aquatic activities and performs lifeguard duties and maintains safety in the aquatic area.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibit proficiency in at least two of the following skills: rowing, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding. Instruct activities in which proficient.
- Be familiar with and enforce camp and waterfront safety rules.
- Maintain strict discipline in regard to safety within the waterfront area.
- Assist in the proper care, usage, storage and maintenance of aquatic equipment.
- Perform lifeguard duties.
- Participate in camp-wide activities.
- Assist in the set up and take down of all camp facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIRED TRAINING
- BSA Lifeguard, American Red Cross Lifeguard or equivalent (Provided by Council)
- CPR, AED, First Aid, Prior to Start of Camp (Provided if Needed)
- Youth Protection (Online Prior to Camp)
- BSA Program Safety (Online Prior to Camp)
- FEMA Multi-Hazard Planning for Child Care (Online Prior to Camp)
- BSA Unlawful Harassment Prevention (Online Prior to Camp)
- Standard Precautions Training (Provided by the Council)
REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language
- Must be able to work outdoors at an elevation of 9,000+ feet above sea level in varying weather conditions
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a background check from the TRAILS database, CBI and the FBI
- Must be able to become a member of the Boy Scouts of America
- Training prior to camp at Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch is mandatory.
|Reports to||Aquatics Director|
|Will certify applicant||Yes|
|Salary Level||Grade 2|