To ensure ranch aquatic programs are safe, fun and meet required standards.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train, supervise and evaluate direct report staff.
- Assist with training of aquatic staff.
Develop a training program with the Council Aquatics Committee that is for all aquatic staff from all
Offer a quality aquatics program to include merit badges, swimming lessons, Safe Swim Defense
certification, Safety Afloat certification, mile swim, free boating and swimming and Aquatics
- Ensure that aquatic facilities and equipment are safe, secure, maintained and inventoried.
Ensure that all aquatic facilities and staff are meeting National Camp Accreditation Program standards
and State of Colorado Child Care facility requirements.
Classify campers according to their swimming ability during check in and as needed through the camp
Conduct regular training for aquatic staff. Regularly test aquatic staff ability through tests which
include human or manikin victims.
- Participate in camp-wide activities.
- Assist in the set up and take down of all camp facilities.
Submit a “closing report” at the end of the season which includes inventories, daily duties and
suggestions for improvement the following year.
- Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIRED TRAINING
American Red Cross (or equivalent) Lifeguard certification. (Must have prior to camp, not provided by
- National Camp School Certification – Aquatics Director section (Provided prior to camp by the Council)
- BSA Aquatic Instructor Certification (Provided at Camp School)
- CPR, AED, First Aid, Prior to Start of Camp (Provided if Needed)
- Youth Protection (Online Prior to Camp)
- Hazardous Weather (Online Prior to Camp)
- FEMA ICS 100.c Intro to Incident Command (Online Prior to Camp)
- BSA Unlawful Harassment Prevention (Online Prior to Camp)
- Standard Precautions Training (Provided by the Council)
- FEMA Multi-Hazard Planning for Child Care (Online Prior to Camp)
- Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Training (Online Prior to Camp)
- Safety Afloat (Online Prior to Camp)
- Safe Swim Defense (Online Prior to Camp
REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language
Must be able to work outdoors at an elevation of 7,000+ feet above sea level in varying weather
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a background check from the TRAILS database, CBI and the FBI
- Must be able to become a member of the Boy Scouts of America
- Must have a valid driver’s license and record insurable by the insurance company
- Pool Director
- Lake Directors
|Reports to||Ranch Director|
|Will certify applicant||Partially|
|Salary Level||Grade 5|