The Climbing Director is responsible for ensuring campers receive a safe, fun, quality and educational climbing program.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train, supervise and evaluate direct report staff.
- Ensure BSA climbing procedures are followed.
- Instruct campers in rock climbing and safety. Offer a quality program.
- Maintain paperwork and ensure completeness and submit on time.
Organize off-site climbs. Coordinate with the Camp Director, EaglePoint Program Director and Health
- Evaluate staff in the middle and end of the season.
- Participate in camp-wide activities.
- Assist in the set up and take down of all camp facilities.
Submit a “closing report” at the end of the season which includes inventories, daily duties and
suggestions for improvement the following year.
- Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIRED TRAINING
- National Camp School – Climbing Director Section (Provided Prior to Camp by the Council)
- BSA Climbing Instructor Level 2 (Provided by Council)
- CPR, AED, First Aid, Prior to Start of Camp (Provided if Needed)
- Youth Protection (Online Prior to Camp)
- Hazardous Weather (Online Prior to Camp)
- FEMA ICS 100.c Intro to Incident Command (Online Prior to Camp)
- BSA Unlawful Harassment Prevention (Online Prior to Camp)
- Standard Precautions Training (Provided by the Council)
- FEMA Multi-Hazard Planning for Child Care (Online Prior to Camp)
- Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Training (Online Prior to Camp)
- Climb on Safely (Online Prior to Camp)
REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
- Must be able to read, speak and write the English language
Must be able to work outdoors at an elevation of 9,000+ feet above sea level in varying weather
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license and record insurable by the Council’s insurance company
- Must have the physical endurance to participate in rock climbing activities
- Must be able to identify and respond to climbing emergencies with the proper procedure/maneuvers
- Must be able to pass a background check from the TRAILS database, CBI and the FBI
- Must be able to become a member of the Boy Scouts of America
- Climbing Counselor(s)
- Training prior to camp at Peaceful Valley Scout Ranch is mandatory. Additionally, this position must attend National Camp School prior to the camp season starting.
|Reports to||EaglePoint Program Director|
|Will certify applicant||Yes|
|Salary Level||Grade 4|