Multiple positions available.
Provide a quality aquatic program to campers both in and out of the water. Help ensure campers are safe in aquatic areas and provide instruction on topics in which proficient.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Exhibit proficiency in at least two of the following skills: rowing, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddle boarding. Instruct activities in which proficient.
• Be familiar with and enforce camp and waterfront safety rules.
• Assist and direct activity instruction including merit badges and open boating.
• Maintain strict discipline and safety with campers and staff in the aquatic area.
• Assist in the proper care, usage storage and maintenance of aquatic facilities and equipment.
• Serve as a lifeguard for activities in any aquatic area to include the lakes or pool.
• Participate in camp-wide activities.
• Assist in the set up and take down of all camp facilities. Assist with the cleaning of all camp areas including restrooms and showers.
• Assist with meal service including setup, serving and clean-up.
• Other duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS & REQUIRED TRAINING
• BSA Lifeguard Certification (Provided by the Council)
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification or equivalent (Provided by the Council)
• CPR, AED, First Aid, Prior to Start of Camp (Provided if Needed)
• Youth Protection (Online Prior to Camp)
• More training may be required as determined by Camp Management
REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
• Must be able to read, speak and write the English language
• Must be able to work outdoors at an elevation of 7,000+ feet above sea level in varying weather conditions
• Must be 16 years of age or older
• Must be able to pass a background check from the TRAILS database, CBI and the FBI
• Must be able to become a member of the Boy Scouts of America
• Must have the physical endurance to instruct boating activities and respond to emergencies and conduct rescue maneuvers.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from the work site at assigned days and times in an area without public transportation or ride-share service.
|Reports To||Area Director|
|Will Certify Applicant||Yes|
|Salary Level||U18: $175-200 / O18: $240-270/week|
This position is a temporary, seasonal position from June 1 to August 6, 2021. FLSA Exempt. All positions are open until filled unless an end date is listed above. Benefits for this position:
- BSA Accident and Sickness Coverage during employment period
- On-site housing during employment period
- On-site limited medical care
- Board to include 21 meals per week